- Altitude; 7 m (23 ft).
- The average temperature in Algarve, Portugal is 17.8 °C (64 °F).
- The range of average monthly temperatures is 12 °C.
- The warmest average max/ high temperature is 28 °C (82 °F) in July & August.
- The coolest average min/ low temperature is 9 °C (48 °F) in January.
- Algarve receives on average 453 mm (17.8 in) of precipitation annually or 38 mm (1.5 in) each month.
- On balance there are 62 days annually on which greater than 0.1 mm (0.004 in) of precipitation (rain, sleet, snow or hail) occurs or 5 days on an average month.
- The month with the driest weather is July & August when on balance 1 mm (0.0 in) of rainfall (precipitation) occurs.
- The month with the wettest weather is March when on balance 72 mm (2.8 in) of rain, sleet, hail or snow falls across 10 days.
- Mean relative humidity for an average year is recorded as 71.1% and on a monthly basis it ranges from 63% in July to 77% in January.
- Hours of sunshine range between 5.6 hours per day in January and 12.3 hours per day in July.
- On balance there are 3158 sunshine hours annually and approximately 8.7 sunlight hours for each day.
- On balance there are 0 days annually with measurable frost and in January there are on average 0 days with frost.
- Generally the western Algarve (especially west of Lagos) directly on the Atlantic experiences cooler daytime temperatures in summer than the east where as the winters experience milder nights.
- The Monchique mountains shelter the Algarve from cold winds from the north in the winter and have a cooler climate than the lower ground at the coast.
- Sea temperatures rise from 14 degrees in December, January & February to 21 degrees celcius in July & August and are generally slightly warmer in the east closer to the Mediterranean sea.
Algarve Climate Graph (Metric | Imperial units)